Church Security 1 is an 8 hour class and exists to equip churches with a competent, God-Honoring security team that is prepared for the reality of evil and the duty to protect God's people. Click HERE to sign up.
Welcome to the Church Security 1 Course by Paladin Tower Tactics. My name is Scott Willey, and I want to sincerely thank you and your team for trusting me with your training needs. My primary goal is to prepare your church security team to honor Jesus the Christ as you train to protect His Bride, the Church. I want to encourage you to have a right motive for learning to do this and to understand the massive responsibility that is laid upon your shoulders as you start this endeavor.
Your motivation to commit yourself to training should be love. Love first for God, who offers redemption to all mankind through the work of His Son Jesus, and love for mankind that He died for. Your team must never forget that your role exists to see the Kingdom of God advance through the proclamation of the Gospel. But why is there a need for armed men and women to train and coordinate the defense of God’s people who have assembled in church? The Bible declares that, “A man’s heart is deceitfully wicked from childhood.” Knowing that evil is inevitable and present in the hearts of all mankind (even us) and is the result of rebellion against the God who created all things, we must be ready to defend those who would become prey to men and women who delight in evil. Consider this passage of scripture as you prepare yourself for training:
“Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, ‘But we knew nothing about this,’ does not He who weights the heart perceive it? Does not He who guards your life know it? Will He not repay each person according to what he has done?” (Proverbs 24:11-12)
It is important to understand that failing to protect the innocent is just as evil as slaughtering the innocent. This should be your motivation and the answer to the question above.
I look forward to training with you. Please print the student packet for each member of your team that plans to participate. Use it as a checklist leading up to, during, and after your experience with me.
I sincerely pray that God blesses you and grants you favor in your class so that you may come to know the riches of His grace given to us in Himself; that which only comes through knowing Jesus the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
Paladin Tower Tactics
Here is a YouTube video that is mandatory to watch prior to training. I highly recommend reading Jeff Cooper’s “Principles of Personal Defense,” prior to class (included for your convenience in the same email you receive this packet in).
Watch this video before you come train, (I recommend watching it multiple times)
Church Security 1 exists to teach students the fundamental skills and mindset needed to win the Gunfight, the Legal Fight, and the Spiritual Fight. This is a “mindset” heavy class that is designed to teach members of a church security team how to fight with a concealed handgun. In this training course, you and your team will learn the Biblical basis for a church security team, how to safely handle a firearm, proper stance, and grip as it relates to fighting with a pistol. You will be taught the fundamentals of marksmanship, presentation from concealment (the draw), sight picture as it relates to threat focus, proper use of cover and concealment, low probability high stakes shots. Additionally, each student will shoot the FBI field agent firearms qualification. The team leader will then be taught how to document the team’s performance in order to build liability protection.
Upon completing Church Security 1, the team is encouraged to progress to Church Security 2, which will include conflict resolution, de-escalation techniques, and force on force training. From there Church Security 3 is an advanced class that includes on site training and assessment at your church. This program is available upon request.
This class is eight hours long and the price for Tuition is $200 per shooter Payment is due prior to class using Stripe. You will not receive the location of the class or details for it without paying first. Tuition is non refundable. If you cannot make it to class you are encouraged to sell your slot to someone else. Please let us know if you do this, so that we can have the necessary paperwork ready for the change.
1. A Bible and note taking material.
2. You will need a minimum of 300 rounds of practice ammo for each shooter that will be participating, although I encourage you to bring more if you can afford it.
3. A handgun or revolver that is adequate for fighting – this does not include pocket pistols. Some .380 pistols are not adequate or reliable enough to meet these criteria, and .22 caliber handguns are not allowed for training. The last page of this packet will require you to declare which handgun you will train with.
4. At least three spare magazines or speed clips (if you are shooting a revolver)
5. A belt that supports the weight of your firearm while on your person.
6. A holster that you can wear on your belt on your dominant hand side – all trigger finger released holsters are prohibited on all my courses. If you come with one, you will not be allowed to train until it is replaced. An Example of this is a Blackhawk Serpa holster.
7. A magazine holder that you can wear on your belt.
8. Hearing protection.
9. Eye protection – both clear and shaded.
10. Appropriate clothing – no flip flops or tank tops. I recommend pants, t-shirt, and some type of boot or shoe. I also highly encourage you to come to class wearing the attire you plan to carry in on a daily basis if possible. Obviously, you don’t want to get a suit or nice blouse dirty, but training how you would actually fight is the spirit of this point. Remember rain gear, bug spray, or sunscreen – whatever the weather or season requires. If you do not have a wardrobe to conceal your handgun, just bring an overly large button up shirt to work the principles of drawing from concealment.
11. Bring a notebook and pen (preferably one that fits in a pocket).
12. Please bring plenty of water for yourself.
13. Optional- a handheld flashlight that fits in a pocket.