This course is 8 hours the final class of the Fighting Pistol Trilogy offered by Paladin Tower Tactics. This class builds upon the other two and is a "skills heavy" class with a high round count and fast-paced learning environment. Click HERE to sign up.
Welcome to “Gunfight” the advanced pistol class for Paladin Tower Tactics. If you have taken any of the previous classes, you know my name is Scott Willey, and I want to sincerely thank you again for trusting me to further your training.
This is the third and final pistol class in the Paladin Tower Tactics Fighting Pistol trilogy. If you have worked your way through the other classes then by now you know that my intention has been to prepare you for the gunfight, the legal fight, and the spiritual fight. My heart for you as my student is that as seriously as you have prepared yourself to protect others and preserve your own life, you will prepare your soul by being reconciled to God through His only way provided: total trust in Jesus Christ His Son. It was Jesus, God in the flesh, who is recorded as saying, “what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and yet forfeit his soul?” To this I would say that if you do not repent of your sin and turn to Christ for your salvation you will indeed forfeit your soul and all that you have trained for in this world will be meaningless.
Why is this important and why bring it up in this forum? I proclaim this as THE way to be saved from the judgment to come to us both. I know that this judgment is coming and I cannot sit by and fail to tell you. In the same way I would fight for you if I saw someone was violently attacking you in the street. This truth is the basis of the spiritual or emotional fight that will come to bear on you after you are involved in a critical incident that threatens your life. More importantly if you die in that incident, what I tell you about the way to be saved from God’s Day of judgment is the only thing that matters. Jesus Christ took your punishment (the judgment) for you on a Roman cross 2000 years ago because He loves (present tense because He is risen) you. He offers you complete forgiveness if you turn to Him with all your heart today, thus receiving a pardon from what you have done prior to standing before Him in judgment.
I sincerely pray you prepare both your body and soul for the gunfight. May the God of heaven and earth bless you and deliver your enemy into your hands. May your desire to be a skillful protector of life be granted in the name of Jesus Christ!
Paladin Tower Tactics
Here is a YouTube video that is mandatory to watch prior to training. I highly recommend reading Jeff Cooper’s “Principles of Personal Defense,” prior to class (included for your convenience in the same email you receive this packet in).
Watch this video before you come train, (I recommend watching it multiple times)
Gunfight is an intensive 8-hour course that will cover the following topics: review of the Wyatt Protocol, efficiency improvement in both one handed and two-handed draw from concealment, “zero” distance fighting, the dynamic nature of the fight, recoil management, and target transitions. Students will finish the day by completing the Paladin Tower Tactics skills test.
This is a very demanding class for advanced students. Students who attend are expected to be experts in firearms safety who practice the skills they have learned regularly on their own time.
This class is eight hours long and the price for Tuition is $200 per shooter. Payment is due prior to class using Stripe. You will not receive the location of the class or details for it without paying first. Tuition is non refundable. If you cannot make it to class you are encouraged to sell your slot to someone else. Please let us know if you do this, so that we can have the necessary paperwork ready for the change.
1. You will need 600 rounds of practice ammo for each shooter that will be participating.
2. A handgun or revolver that is adequate for fighting – this does not include pocket pistols. Some .380 pistols are not adequate or reliable enough to meet these criteria, and .22 caliber handguns are not allowed for training. The last page of this packet will require you to declare which handgun you will train with.
3. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO HAVE 60 ROUNDS WITH YOU WHILE ON THE FIRING LINE FOR EACH DRILL. EXAMPLE: IF YOUR MAGAZINES ONLY HOLD 10 ROUNDS EACH YOU WILL NEED 6 MAGAZINES FOR EACH DRILL. THIS WILL DRAMATICALLY CUT DOWN ON TIME SPENT STUFFING MAGAZINES INSTEAD OF SHOOTING THE DRILL TO COMPLETION.
4. A belt that supports the weight of your firearm while on your person
5. A holster that you can wear on your belt on your dominant hand side – all trigger finger released holsters are prohibited on all my courses. If you come with one, you will not be allowed to train until it is replaced. An Example of this is a Blackhawk Serpa holster.
6. Magazine holders that you can wear on your belt
7. Hearing protection
8. Eye protection – both clear and shaded
9. Appropriate clothing – no flip flops or tank tops. I recommend pants, t-shirt, and some type of boot or shoe. I also highly encourage you to come to class wearing the attire you plan to carry in on a daily basis if possible. Obviously, you don’t want to get a suit or nice blouse dirty, but training how you would actually fight is the spirit of this point. Remember rain gear, bug spray, or sunscreen – whatever the weather or season requires.
10. Bring a notebook and pen (preferably one that fits in a pocket).
11. Please bring plenty of water for yourself.
12. Handheld tactical flashlight.
Please see the student email that you got after your attendance was confirmed for the location of the class.
Please be on time and prepared for class. This means that you have already taken the time to try on your gear and made sure it fits and is adjusted to your needs. This also means that your handgun is loaded with a round in the chamber and in your holster on your body at the start of class. You will be given time to unload your defensive carry ammo and load your practice ammo, if need be, but we recommend doing that prior to your arrival.
Please have any spare magazines or speed loaders loaded prior to class. Prior to unloading your range gear, we will meet briefly to collect your release of liability form. We will then go over firearms safety and range rules. Class will last 8 hours or until all curriculum is completed.
You will need to read, print, and sign the release of liability form in the PDF link above and bring it to class. The other form on the second to last page is an application for training please fill out and email this application to email@example.com prior to class.