The second class of the Fighting Pistol Trilogy. This 8 hour class builds upon Foundations of Fighting Pistol. The intent for the Intermediate class is to bring students into equal parts of mindset fundamentals and skills-based curriculum, bridging the gap between the advanced class and the first class. Sign up HERE
Welcome to the Intermediate pistol class. If you have taken the previous class, you know my name is Scott Willey, and I want to sincerely thank you again for trusting me to further your training.
To build upon what I mentioned in the previous packet, my desire is to give you the tools that you will need to responsibly defend your life and the lives of others. These “tools” are not just limited to what you can do with weaponry as you will see in this course. I want to train you to be protectors, sheep dogs that stand vigilantly ready to defend the sheep for the sake of the value of life. Your life is valuable, you have meaning and purpose given to you by God when He created you. It is because of this that we as protectors value ALL life and train to be ready to defend that which was given to us and others. As I said last time, love for others is the motivation that I want to cultivate in each of you. This is because Jesus Christ, who gave meaning to life, was willing to lay down His life in defense of ours simply because our lives have value, not because our actions deserved it (they didn’t), but because He loves us.
I pray that this training will start to develop a warrior mindset in each of you. This is perhaps the most effective tool that I can give you. Without the proper mindset, your skill, weaponry, and ability to employ them both mean absolutely nothing. Ultimately, my goal is that you leave the course with confidence in how to fight with a pistol and clarity as to why you are willing to fight.
I look forward to training with you. Please print the student packet for each shooter that plans to participate. Use it as a checklist leading up to, during, and after your experience with me.
I sincerely pray that God blesses you and grants you favor in your class so that you may come to know the riches of His grace given to us in Himself; that which only comes through knowing Jesus the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
Paladin Tower Tactics
Here is a YouTube video that is mandatory to watch prior to training. I highly recommend reading Jeff Cooper’s “Principles of Personal Defense,” prior to class (included for your convenience in the same email you receive this packet in).
Watch this video before you come train, (I recommend watching it multiple times)
This class is an intermediate level defensive fighting pistol class that builds upon the “Foundation of Fighting Pistol class.” In it you will be exposed to a lecture on developing proper mindset as it relates to the Wyatt Protocol. The course will contain the following skills: speed and accuracy, emergency and tactical reloads, one handed pistol manipulations (strong and support), corrective action with one hand limitations, proximity training, unconventional shooting positions, and shooting while moving.
This class is eight hours long and the price for Tuition is $200 per shooter. Payment is due prior to class using Stripe. You will not receive the location of the class or details for it without paying first. Tuition is non refundable. If you cannot make it to class you are encouraged to sell your slot to someone else. Please let us know if you do this, so that we can have the necessary paperwork ready for the change.
1. You will need 400 rounds of practice ammo for each shooter that will be participating.
2. A handgun or revolver that is adequate for fighting – this does not include pocket pistols. Some .380 pistols are not adequate or reliable enough to meet these criteria, and .22 caliber handguns are not allowed for training. The last page of this packet will require you to declare which handgun you will train with.
3. At least three spare magazines or speed clips (if you are shooting a revolver)
4. A belt that supports the weight of your firearm while on your person
5. A holster that you can wear on your belt on your dominant hand side – all trigger finger released holsters are prohibited on all my courses. If you come with one, you will not be allowed to train until it is replaced. An Example of this is a Blackhawk Serpa holster.
6. A magazine holder that you can wear on your belt
7. Hearing protection
8. Eye protection – both clear and shaded
9. Appropriate clothing – no flip flops or tank tops. I recommend pants, t-shirt, and some type of boot or shoe. I also highly encourage you to come to class wearing the attire you plan to carry in on a daily basis if possible. Obviously, you don’t want to get a suit or nice blouse dirty, but training how you would actually fight is the spirit of this point. Remember rain gear, bug spray, or sunscreen – whatever the weather or season requires.
10. Bring a notebook and pen (preferably one that fits in a pocket).
11. Please bring plenty of water for yourself.
12. Handheld tactical flashlight.
Please see the student email that you got after your attendance was confirmed for the location of the class.
Please be on time and prepared for class. This means that you have already taken the time to try on your gear and made sure it fits and is adjusted to your needs. This also means that your handgun is loaded with a round in the chamber and in your holster on your body at the start of class. You will be given time to unload your defensive carry ammo and load your practice ammo, if need be, but we recommend doing that prior to your arrival.
Please have any spare magazines or speed loaders loaded prior to class. Prior to unloading your range gear, we will meet briefly to collect your release of liability form. We will then go over firearms safety and range rules. Class will last 8 hours or until all curriculum is completed.
You will need to read, print, and sign the release of liability form in the PDF link above and bring it to class. The other form on the second to last page is an application for training please fill out and email this application to email@example.com prior to class.